The web links shown below are existing online resources for SMAD4, Juvenile Polyposis Syndrome (JPS), Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT), and the combined syndrome JP/HHT. Links to several review journal articles are given, as well as genome and protein links.
Please contact us to suggest additional content for this page.
Disease Information Links
Gene and Protein Links
- SMAD4 cDNA: NC_000018.9
- SMAD4 mRNA: NM_005359.5
- SMAD4 protein: NP_005350.1
- SMAD4 at HPRD and Uniprot
- Entrez Gene: SMAD4
- GeneReviews for JPS, HHT
- OMIM for JPS, SMAD4, JP/HHT, and HHT
- Genetics Home Reference for JPS and HHT
- Pyatt, et al. Mutation screening in juvenile polyposis syndrome. Journal of Molecular Diagnostics 2006. 8(1): 84-8.
- Aretz, et al. High proportion of large genomic deletions and a genotype phenotype update in 80 unrelated families with juvenile polyposis syndrome. Journal of Medical Genetics 2007. 44(11): 702-9.
- Gallione, et al. A combined syndrome of juvenile polyposis and hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia associated with mutations in MADH4 (SMAD4). Lancet 2004. 363(9412): 852-9.
- Howe, et al. The prevalence of MADH4 and BMPR1A mutations in juvenile polyposis and absence of BMPR2, BMPR1B, and ACVR1 mutations. Journal of Medical Genetics 2004. 41(7): 484-91.
- Sayed, et al. Germline SMAD4 or BMPR1A mutations and phenotype of juvenile polyposis. Annals of Surgical Oncology 2002. 9(9): 901-6.